At a Glance
Board basis explained
Board basis explained
...means that included in the price are all main meals, most drinks, which tend to be local varieties available during bar opening hours.
...means that breakfast, lunch and evening meals, are included in the price.
...means that your breakfast and evening meal is included in the price. In some cases you can choose to receive lunch instead of breakfast - the hotel will confirm this upon arrival.
...means that breakfast is included in the price.
...means that no meals or drinks are included in the price, but you will be provided with catering facilities in your accommodation to cook light meals.
...means that no meals or drinks are included in the price.
Hesperia Playa Dorada is a great place for your summer adventure. The property is located next to a beach and offers a breathtaking sea view with top class amenities. The venue is conveniently located within a 10 minutes’ walk of the city centre and 15-minutes from Timanfaya National Park.
Close to all the major nightlife, this 4-star property is popular among luxury travellers and fun seekers. The hotel features 6 large swimming pools, including a semi Olympic size pool. At a cost, you can take advantage of other luxury amenities, including a gym and the wellness club which features a spa.
For convenience, the hotel has a 24-hour front desk with multilingual staff to assist you with travel, tours and more. The other amenities include laundry facilities, free Wi-Fi, luggage storage facilities, and free parking facilities.
There are 2 on-site restaurants specialising in buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu varies from fruits, eggs, churros and cheeses in the morning to a mixed spread of Mediterranean and Spanish cuisines and a variety of fish and meat in the meals later.
The hotel has an all-inclusive package which includes:
• Atlantic bar located in the lobby offers cold snacks and cocktails from 5pm to 1am
• Palapa bar located at the pool is open all day and offers a full bar from 10:30 am - 6:30 pm
• The Premium Pub offers a cozy atmosphere with live music and premium drinks from 8:30 pm - 12:00 am
• The Velero bar area is located close to the pools and offers hot and cold snacks as well as a full bar from 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
• The Showroom is located in the discotheque and offers a selection of special beers and gaming machine open from 12:00 am - 12:00 am
• The breakfast buffet includes a wide variety of fresh fruit juices, pastries, cold cuts, cheeses, fruit, yogurt, breads, etc. served in early bird breakfast (5:00 am - 8:00 am) and standard breakfast (8:00 am - 10:30 am)
• Papagayo Restaurant offers international, local, Mediterranean lunch buffet from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm and dinner from 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm. It has vegetarian and gluten free options as well.
• Atlantic bar located in the lobby offers cold snacks from 5pm to 1 am
• Palapa bar located at the pool is open all day and offers hot and cold snacks from 10:30 am - 6:30 pm
• The Velero bar is located close to the pools and offers hot and cold snacks from 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
• VIP Deluxe lounge offers late breakfast till noon(8:30 am - 12:00 pm) and refreshments throughout the day(12:00 pm - 11:00 pm)
• Exclusively for Deluxe guests, the Vulcano Restaurant is open for breakfast (8:00 am - 10:30 am) and dinner(6:30 pm - 9:30 pm), serving Mediterranean cuisine buffet with some internationally themed dishes.
All the rooms feature bright colours and are very luminous with natural light and come with an attached balcony. You can choose from standard rooms to the suites with sea view. The main amenities include air-conditioning, desk, TV, premium bedding, phone, in-room safe. The attached bathroom comes with a hairdryer, towel, and free toiletries.
Help with hotel, flight or payment?
Call us now
- Internet access - wireless
- Free WiFi - Public Areas
- Free Wi-Fi
Pool and Wellness
- Swimming Pool - Kids
- Swimming Pool - Outdoor
- Spa and wellness centre
- Swimming Pool - Indoor
- Arcade Games
- Kids Club
- Hair salon
- Tennis on site
- Billiards or pool table
Food & Drink
- Room service
- Poolside bar
- Bar / Lounge
- Coffee shop or café
Services & Shops
- Car rental
- Luggage storage
- Babysitting (Surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Tour assistance
- Currency exchange
- Gift shop
- Photocopy machines
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Designated smoking areas
- Wheelchair accessible
- Rooftop terrace
- Check-out by noon
- Shopping on site
- Conference center
- Check-in time starts 4:00 PM
- Total number of rooms 466
- Parking nearby
- In-room safe
- Clock radio
- Hair dryer
Internet, TV & Phone
- Satellite television service
- Direct-dial phone
Rooms & Comfort
- In-room massage available
- Air conditioning
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
Bath & Shower
- Complimentary toiletries
- Shower/bathtub combination
- Private bathroom
- Shower only
- Dorada Beach 0.16 miles
- Marina Rubicon 0.36 miles
- Nuestra Senora del Carmen Square 0.40 miles
- Atlantic Museum 0.62 miles
- Las Coloradas Castle 0.73 miles
- Playa Flamingo 1.25 miles
- Aqualava Waterpark 1.38 miles
- Papagayo Beach 1.80 miles
- Roja Mountain 2.07 miles
- Papagayo Beach 2.39 miles
- Pechiguera Lighthouse 3.15 miles
- Los Charcones 3.71 miles
- Janubio Beach 5.08 miles
- Quemada Beach 6.12 miles
- Los Hervideros Caves 6.42 miles
- La Antigua Escuela de Yaiza Art Center 7.14 miles
- Isla de Lobos 7.93 miles
- El Lago Verde Natural Area 7.98 miles
- Whale and Dolphin Museum 8.11 miles
- Las Agujas Beach 9.46 miles
- at_a_glance_airport Lanzarote (Arrecife) ACE30m
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
Hesperia Playa Dorada Reviews
- Customer Reviews
- TripAdvisor Reviews
Add a review
13 January 2019
Good holiday but could have been better
ALAN WEEDONa, Rutland
Buffet dining plenty of choice and quantity but quality could have been better.Talked into BLUE all inclusive but choices limited I probably got value but wife did not. Room fine but no English TV apart from International News
The best thing about my stay was...Location and Sunshine
28 November 2018
Will stay again
Gary , Netherlands
Nice hotel if you have sea view
The best thing about my stay was...Nice pool
03 July 2018
Lovely hotel. Great location.
J&V, UK & Ireland
Only stayed 1 night but would definitely return. Excellent value. Good sized standard room. Excellent dinner and breakfast buffets.
The best thing about my stay was...Location just next to Playa Dorada
16 April 2018
Excellent hotel staff, clean, location, close to beaches and shops, reasonably priced, rooms spacious. Suitable for families and older people.
The best thing about my stay was...Hotel location and staff.
16 February 2018
Some good points but overpriced and disappointing
Ged, Amersham Bucks UK
Good food and good service except for bar staff: all but one were rude. Furniture in bar area uncomfortable and of a wicker type more suited for a garden. Outside table and chairs plastic and also uncomfortable. We asked for quiet location and adjoining rooms in advance. Having been persuaded to upgrade to deluxe (not worth it and devicive), we were given rooms over a building site with banging and drilling most of the day and well past 6pm at which time, we were told it was due to stop. Dust and noise prevented us using balcony. We asked to move but could not be given adjoining rooms and location was not acceptable. The standard and deluxe segregation is annoying and confusing as the deluxe dining room seemed to be used by anyone. No checks at all. The all inclusive was equally confusing as we were still required to sign for everything. We also disliked not having a kettle in the room which we hired for 10 euro per week. There is a coffee machine but we prefer tea. Wifi is excellent but cable TV very limited. Entertainment is average but situated in main bar area on the garden furniture. Exclusive deluxe lounge is comfortable and good choice of breakfast but after that the soft drink fridges are locked and coffee facilities withdrawn. Drinks can be ordered from the bar downstairs which seems not only inconvenient but inefficient. In the evening, I consider coffees and teas should be available from machines or the other downstairs bar which was not being used. This would avoid guests having to wait for drinks whilst bar staff were preoccupied serving coffees. Staff on reception and in the restaurant very friendly and helpful but seemed overworked whilst management were conspicuous by their absence. Not once were we asked about our stay.
The best thing about my stay was...The food was very good with great choice
14 February 2018
Great but not for kids this time of year
Valerie Sahadeo, Ireland
This is a wonderful hotel, location , food entertainment etc was top notch. However the two things that rrally annoyed and disappointed us were the indoor pool is not in to children at all, even when supervised by their parents - given that it was cold and windy for 4 put of 7 days you think they would ensure to gave a facility for kids to swim...especially as they are family friendly! ! The second thing was there was a lot of construction work going on and while that is OK in the day they start work at 6am and went on past 7pm some night so very distracting when sleeping or trying to relax in the balcony. Other than that can not say enough good things about the hotel. OH and deluxe guest get lots of extras like coffee facilities and iron and robes that us standard guest's don't so make sure and upgrade if you can!
The best thing about my stay was...Entertainment - mini disco & food
03 February 2018
We've booked for holiday number 3 at this hotel.
David, Longton, Preston
For the price, this must be about the best hotel on the island. The place is spotless, the food is good, varied and plentiful. We found the staff very helpful and friendly, the pool pleasantly warm, (January, don't forget!) and the drinks again varied with a good choice of all the spirits all served with a smile.
The best thing about my stay was...Sunbeds always available
02 January 2018
Another very enjoyable stay
This was our 4th stay in Hesperia Playa Dorado and our most enjoyable. We had the impression that the staff were friendlier and more accommodating than previously. Every thing else the same - large comfortable room, wide selection of food, excellent facilities, ideal location. A special mention to the animation team who worked tirelessly from morning to almost midnight every day to ensure guests were enjoying themselves, though I am certain all staff must have worked as long and as hard to look after us. We look forward to another stay. We had a standard room which had no coffee machine and limited toiletries. I think for the price they could have been included and had they been I would have given a higher score. But I suppose there has to be something extra for those paying for deluxe rooms, which are physically identical.
The best thing about my stay was...The weather !
19 May 2017
Tommy Deegan, Ireland
Spent 2 nights in Hesperia Dorado in Playa Blanca could not fault anything staff were friendly food excellent
The best thing about my stay was...Perfect location
11 April 2017
tony butler, kilkenny
I like hotel for location, rooms are clean .food is ok .staff are friendly.
The best thing about my stay was...weather was great .friendly bar staff
Email my results
Please enter your email address and we will send you a link back to your search results to check live availability.
Email my results
We have sent your search to your email address.
Email my results
There was a problem sending the email, please try again later.