With the closure of a travel operator recently hitting the headlines, we wanted to reassure you that when you book with alpharooms.com, you can book with confidence.
The reason we can say this is because, as a business, we have committed ourselves to be both ATOL protected and ABTA members.
What ATOL Protection Means For You
ATOL (Air Travel Organisers’ Licence) is an industry body who ensure that any individual flights, along with flights booked with hotels, transfers and car hire are secure when arranged via businesses who have signed-up to ATOL protection.
As we are an ATOL protected company we offer flights marked with “ATOL protected” which ensure that should anything happen to us – or the airline – before your trip, you will be refunded the money you have spent. Also, should anything happen to our business whilst you’re on your trip, ATOL will ensure you are brought home at no cost to yourself.
When booking your trip with us, we will email your ATOL certificate to you, confirming which parts of your booking are protected by ATOL. You can also find your certificate through the “Your Account” section online.
Note that any flights that aren’t marked with “ATOL protected” will not be covered by this scheme; nor will accommodation, transfer and car hire without flights in the same booking, or trips outside the UK which don’t include an overnight stay.
If you are planning to book these, then we recommend booking with a credit card. Any payment between £100 and below £60,260 is also protected – meaning your money is safe no matter what happens before your trip.
What ABTA Protection Means For You
ABTA (Association of British Travel Agents) have a Code of Conduct in place for all of their members. With alpharooms.com being one of these members, this means you can expect the following from us:
- Accurate information so you can make an informed choice
- Advice or assistance on passport, visa and health requirements
- An offer of a suitable alternative if there are building works that will seriously impair your holiday
- A refund of your holiday cost if there’s a significant flight delay and you don’t want to travel
- A response to any complaint you might have within 28 days
- Resolution of your complaint as quickly as possible and, if it can’t be resolved amicably, the guaranteed option of arbitration to find a settlement
Ensuring our customer service is aligned with industry standards in every instance.
Here at alpharooms.com, we value trust and transparency, so we will be running a series of blog posts covering what our ABTA membership means to you, tips on how to plan – and enjoy – the perfect trip.